We are the world business organization.
ICC champions open economies, rules-based cross-border trade and investment, the market economy system and global economic integration as essential contributors to sustainable and inclusive growth and prosperity. ICC’s global network comprises over 6 million members—companies, chambers of commerce and business associations—in more than 100 countries. We represent business interests at the highest levels of intergovernmental decision-making, whether at the World Trade Organization, the United Nations or the G20 ensuring the voice of business is heard.
What does ICC do?
We are the world’s largest business organization working to promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation to accelerate sustainable growth to the benefit of all.
What is a Policy Committee?
ICC Sweden runs a number of policy committees, which are forums for members of ICC Sweden to discuss pertinent issues for their business
activities and agree on common positions to be taken to the ICC Policy Commissions. Employees of every member company are eligible to be on ICC Sweden’s policy committees.
What is a Policy Commission?
ICC Policy Commissions prepare policy products, including statements to inform and shape intergovernmental discussions and resulting policy, as well as rules and codes to facilitate international business transactions. The Commissions examine major issues of practical concern to world business and work together to address cross-cutting subjects. ICC Policy Commissions are run by the ICC Secretariat in Paris. They bring together representatives of the national policy committees to decide common ICC positions.
How do I get nominated for a Policy Commission?
Members of Swedish Policy Committees are nominated by ICC Sweden, based on their expertise and experience. These nominations are concluded by ICC in Paris.
How many Policy Commissions are there?
12. They are: Arbitration and ADR, Banking, Commercial Law and Practice, Competition, Corporate Responsibility and Anti-Corruption, Customs and Trade Facilitation, Digital Economy, Environment and Energy, Intellectual Property, Marketing and Advertising, Taxation, Trade and Investment Policy.
Membership Benefits Include
- a unique network with the power to influence policy in more than 100 countries
- a connection to a network of the world’s most influential and dynamic companies – of all sizes
- news of developments in policy, law and regulation at an early stage
- access to the ICC Academy in Singapore
- discounts on ICC publications, training and conferences around the world.
- writing the rules that facilitate the financing of around 30% of world trade
- access to the ICC International Court of Arbitration – the world’s leading dispute resolution institution
To discuss membership of ICC Sweden, please email email@example.com or call (t) + 46 8 440 89 20.